Located in beautiful Saranac Lake, NY, in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains, our mission is to provide shelter to all stray and unwanted companion and domestic animals. We work toward educating the public about proper animal care, including spaying and neutering, providing adequate outdoor housing, food & water, veterinarian care, and the many different state and local laws and ordinances that a pet owner should be made aware of and abide by.
Our Humane Society is a Non-Profit 501(c)3 organization, and is maintained as a No-Kill facility. We are proud to say that we have placed over 3000 animals into new homes, and reunited over 1000 animals with their owners, since 2001. Our day to day goal is to provide the best temporary home and compassionate care for our shelter animals until they are adopted into new forever homes.
Spay/Neuter Voucher Assistance Program
provide financial assistance vouchers to people in our area
who want to get their dog or cat spayed/neutered and can not afford the
entire cost of the surgery.
The voucher amounts vary depending on the
gender and type of animal. There are 9 Veterinary Hospitals/Clinics in Franklin, Essex & Clinton counties
that accept our assistance vouchers. A list of the participating Veterinarians will be provided to the pet owner.
Financial Assistance Amounts:
$35 voucher for a Male Cat Neuter
$50 voucher for a Female Cat Spay
$50 for a Male Dog Neuter
$75 voucher for a Female Dog Spay
A portion of the funds for our Spay/Neuter Assistance Program was provided through a grant we received from the NYS Animal Population Control Program & ASPCA.
For more information, please contact us.
We are a small, 501(c)3 non-profit, no-kill animal shelter and we rely on the generosity of the community. Your tax deductible donations are always needed to support our tasks of healing, caring, and finding forever homes for the homeless pets in our facility.
There are many ways you can help animals in need:
* Consider making a donation, or make monthly a monthly pledge, either online through PayPal, or by mailing us a donation. We also accept credit card donations through our office by calling (518) 891-0017.
Donations can also be mailed to:
Tri-Lakes Humane Society
PO Box 1111
Saranac Lake, NY 12983
* Remember us in your estate planning. Please contact our office to find out more.
* Make a contribution in memory of, or in honor of a loved one or special pet.
* If you cannot adopt from us, please consider sponsoring a pet for yourself or for someone else! A photo of the sponsored pet along with a certificate can be sent to the donor. By sponsoring a pet, you can help pay for that particular pet's vaccinations, spay/neuter surgery, microchip, food and care while they are housed at our shelter. Some of our sponsors also donate gifts, beds and treats for their sponsor pet, which helps to provide the pet with some extra comfort. Please contact us for more information!
* Donate your time by becoming a volunteer and spending time with our shelter animals.
* Donate new (or used) blankets, sheets, collars, leashes, litterpans, dishes, and toys. Food is always welcome, as we have many mouths to feed. (we house cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, and the occasional bird.) Or check our Wishlist for other items we need to help take care of the shelter animals, keep our facility clean and office functional to adopt out pets.
If you have time to spare on a regular, or occasional basis, we can use your help! Any time or talent you have to offer is welcomed! The animals love having visitors, and enjoy the extra attention they receive from volunteers. If you are a dog person, you can help by taking dogs out for walks on our Doggie Trail, playing with them loose in one of our 2 play yards, or by helping us to groom and train them. If cats are more your style, then you can spend your time getting to know all of our feline friends and you can please them with lots of love and affection. We also accept help around the building with cleaning and organizing, as well as some office tasks. Please contact us for more information on volunteering. We always look forward to new people coming on board!
For more information on ways to help us, or if you are interested in volunteering, please call 518-891-0017, or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.